Pasta and Pasta Sauce Recipes
Johnsonville Italian Sausage Lasagna
This classic lasagna dish is made so much easier with authentic Italian flavor from Johnsonville sausage making this recipe a new lasagna favorite!
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 45 min | Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (16 ounce) package Johnsonville Mild Italian Ground Sausage or 1 (19 ounce) package Johnsonville Mild Italian Mild Sausage, casings removed
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach, lightly packed and chopped
- 2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Toss with 2 tablespoons oil and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, cook and crumble sausage in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat until browned and fully cooked, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add marinara sauce to sausage mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, egg, 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese and chopped spinach; set aside.
- In a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish, spread 1 cup of sausage mixture on the bottom.
- Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Spread 1/4 of the ricotta cheese mixture on noodles; layer with 1 cup sausage mixture. Sprinkle 1/2 cup Italian cheese over mixture. Repeat this process three more times, starting with noodles and finish with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, about 45 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Made by The Sausage Chefs