Pesto for a crowd.
- 2 garlic cloves (or more to taste)
- 1 cup of your best extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 5 tablespoons pignoli (pine) nuts
- Generous pinch of cayenne
- 1 cup freshly grated Locatelli Romano cheese*
- In a food processor fitted with a sharp blade, mince the garlic cloves.
- Add the next four ingredients and grind to desired consistency (I prefer
mine with some texture - it hangs better and looks prettier on the pasta).
- Add cheese and blend quickly. Place in the bottom of the pasta serving bowl.
- Add the hot cooked pasta, toss, and serve IMMEDIATELY with additional grated
cheese and freshly ground black pepper.
Makes approximately two cups of pesto or enough for 2 pounds of pasta.
* For a milder flavor, use half Romano and half parmesan. Just make sure it's
Hint: Your food processor is all set up for this recipe. Grate a wedge. If you're
still using the Kraft shake bottle, go to your room!
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine April 30, 2001.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.