Pesto for a crowd.
- 2 garlic cloves (or more to taste)
- 1 cup of your best extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 5 tablespoons pignoli (pine) nuts
- Generous pinch
- 1 cup freshly grated Locatelli Romano cheese*
- In a food processor fitted with a sharp blade, mince the garlic cloves.
- Add the next four ingredients and grind to desired consistency (I prefer
mine with some texture - it hangs better and looks prettier on the pasta).
- Add cheese and blend quickly. Place in the bottom of the pasta serving bowl.
- Add the hot cooked pasta, toss, and serve IMMEDIATELY with additional grated
cheese and freshly ground black pepper.
Makes approximately two cups of pesto or enough for 2 pounds of pasta.
* For a milder flavor, use half Romano and half parmesan. Just make sure it's
Hint: Your food processor is all set up for this recipe. Grate a wedge. If you're
still using the Kraft shake bottle, go to your room!
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine April 30, 2001.