Peanut Butter Birdseed Balls
- 1/2 pound ground beef suet
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups cornmeal
- Decorative cord
- Wild birdseed, hulled or unhulled, sunflower seeds, barberries or dried red and blue corn kernels
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt suet, stirring occasionally.
- Strain rendered
suet into large bowl, discarding crisp particles.
- Blend in peanut butter and cornmeal to make stiff dough.
- Chill mixture for 30 minutes, until easily shaped with hands.
- Meanwhile, cut about eight to twelve 14-inch lengths of cord. Tie ends of each
together in knot, making loops.
- Mold balls around knot on each loop, so that knot
is in center.
- Pour one, or a combination, of suggested seeds into pie plate.
balls in seeds to coat thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour, until firm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.