Peanut Butter Birdseed Balls
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 pound ground beef suet
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups cornmeal
- Decorative cord
- Wild birdseed, hulled or unhulled, sunflower seeds, barberries or dried red and blue corn kernels
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt suet, stirring occasionally.
- Strain rendered
suet into large bowl, discarding crisp particles.
- Blend in peanut butter and cornmeal to make stiff dough.
- Chill mixture for 30 minutes, until easily shaped with hands.
- Meanwhile, cut about eight to twelve 14-inch lengths of cord. Tie ends of each
together in knot, making loops.
- Mold balls around knot on each loop, so that knot
is in center.
- Pour one, or a combination, of suggested seeds into pie plate.
balls in seeds to coat thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour, until firm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pet Food Recipes