This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 (3 ounce) box lime or lemon Jell-O
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 ripe medium avocado, peeled and halved
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup whipped cream or prepared Dream Whip topping
- 1 (9-inch) crumb crust
- Dissolve Jell-O and salt in boiling water.
- Drain pineapple, combining the syrup with lime juice; add cold water to make
3/4 cup. Add to gelatin.
- Chill until very thick.
- Meanwhile, dice half of the avocado. Mash the remaining half until smooth.
- Blend cheese into mashed avocado until creamy.
- Fold cheese mixture, diced avocado, pineapple and whipped cream or prepared whipped
topping into thickened gelatin.
- Spoon into crust.
- Chill until firm.
- Garnish with drained pineapple slices or lime slices, if desired.