Berry Cheesecake Pie
- 3 cups finely ground Graham crackers (about 18 boards)
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons raspberry- or strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup water
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shaved milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons raspberry- or strawberry-flavored liqueur
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries or halved strawberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crust: In large bowl, stir together Graham cracker crumbs and butter
until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture over bottom
and up sides of 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake for 10 minutes. Transfer
the pie dish to a wire rack; let cool.
- Filling: In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over the water; let
stand until gelatin is softened, about 3 minutes. Heat over medium-low
heat until gelatin is melted and liquid is clear, about 3 minutes.
Let cool slightly.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy, about
1 minute. Add sweetened condensed milk; beat until smooth. On low
speed, drizzle in gelatin mixture. Increase to medium-high speed;
beat 2 minutes or until smooth.
- In medium-size bowl, beat the 3/4 cup heavy cream on medium speed
until foamy. Increase speed to medium-high; beat until soft peaks
form. Gently fold whipped cream and shaved chocolate into cream
cheese mixture. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- Garnish: In medium-size bowl, beat together the 1/2 cup heavy cream
and sugar until soft peaks form. Drizzle in the liqueur; beat on
medium high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently spoon the whipped
cream mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe rosettes
decoratively on top of the cheesecake. Garnish the top of the cheesecake
with the raspberries or strawberries.
Yield: 12 servings
Nutrient value per serving: 560 calories; 39 g fat (23 g saturated);
8 g protein, 48 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 282 mg sodium; 109 mg
Source: Family Circle - 3/4/03