Cheddar Almond Pie with Cranberry Streusel
One bite of this delicious pie will convince you that the cheddar-cranberry
pairing is destined for a dessert.
- Single-crust pie pastry (9 inches)
- 2 1/4 cups slivered almonds (8 ounces)
- 8 ounces Wisconsin white cheddar cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crust: Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to a 9-inch pie
plate and trim to 1/2 inch of plate; flute edges.
- Place slivered almonds in a food processor; cover and process until
finely ground. Add cheddar; cover and pulse until cheddar mixture resembles
- Filling: Cream butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the
cheddar mixture, eggs, flour, cornstarch and vanilla extract; beat just
until blended. Spoon into pastry.
- Cranberry-Almond Streusel: Combine the cranberries, sliced almonds and
brown sugar in a bowl; sprinkle over filling. Lightly pat streusel. Bake for
50-60 minutes or until filling puffs slightly in center and a thermometer
inserted near the center reads 160 degrees F. Lightly cover with foil if
cranberries start to get too brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Any brand of Wisconsin white cheddar cheese can be used.
Cheddar is available white (off white or even golden yellow, depending on
milk used) or with an orange hue. A natural plant dye extracted from the
flavorless annatto seed is added to give orange cheddar its color.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cheese Pie Recipes