Frozen Ambrosia Pie
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple in heavy syrup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted *
- 1 (9 ounce) Graham cracker crust (extra serving size)
- Garnishes: maraschino cherries, pecans, toasted flaked coconut (as desired)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Drain oranges and pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons pineapple syrup.
- Gently press oranges and pineapple between paper towels to remove
- Beat cream cheese at medium high speed of an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add reserved pineapple syrup and milk, beating until smooth.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping.
- Gently fold in orange pineapple mixture and 3/4 cup coconut.
- Spoon filling into crust. Cover; freeze until firm.
- Let pie stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.
- Dollop remaining 1 cup whipped topping on top of pie.
- Garnish as desired.
* How to toast coconut: Toasting coconut enhances the flavor and lightly colors the coconut
a very light golden brown color. Spread the coconut in a single
layer on a baking sheet with shallow sides. Bake at 325 degrees
F, tossing occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cheese Pie Recipes