Huckleberry Cheese Pie
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 cups fresh or frozen huckleberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Base: In a bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Stir in butter.
Press onto the bottom and sides of two greased 9-inch pie plates.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Topping: Combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan; stir in berries and
water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil;
boil for 2 minutes. Cool.
- Filling: In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, peel and
vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Fold in the whipped cream.
Spoon half into each crust. Spoon topping over filling.
- Chill for 1 hour.
Yield: two 9-inch pies