Banana Cream Pie
- 1 Graham cracker pie crust
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 8 ounces whipped cream (approximation, may be little less)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas (should
be firm and yellow)
- About 1/4 cup melted chocolate chips
- Chocolate rainbow
- Make pudding according to directions (I often use banana pudding instead of the
vanilla or try to make a batch of vanilla and banana pudding and then mix the two).
Set in fridge while you make the rest of the recipe.
- Cream together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Beat whipped cream
to form stiff peaks and then fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Remove pudding from fridge and line bottom part of Graham
cracker crust with
a 1 inch-thick layer of pudding.
- Place bananas on top.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture
- Top this with melted chocolate chips mixed with a little bit of heavy
cream to thin it out.
- Lastly, sprinkle chocolate rainbow sprinkles over top.
This recipe is quite tasty, especially with a homemade Graham
Here is how I make mine. Put about 1 1/2 cups (approximation) crushed Graham
crumbs into a bowl. Add 1/4 cup sugar and mix briefly. Next, add 2/3 stick melted
butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Mix well and then spoon into standard pie
plate. When I make my Graham
cracker crusts, I normally do not use lots of butter
because the crust often becomes very hard, especially after it has sat in fridge
for quite a while. I also will put my crust in fridge very briefly to allow it to
Posted by Cookin Dad at Recipe Goldmine 7/4/01 8:34:06 am.