Banana Cream Pie
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (9 inch) pastry shell, unbaked
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk + 2 tablespoons
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 2 bananas
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Prepare pastry shell according to directions; cool. Set aside.
- With electric mixer, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons milk and mix, scraping sides of bowl, until cream cheese is creamy and lump-free. Add remaining Milk; mix well. Add vanilla pudding mix and beat on lowest speed for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice bananas and place in a single layer on the bottom of the cooled pastry shell. Pour pudding mixture over bananas. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form and pipe or spread onto pie.
- Refrigerate for 1 or more hours; slice and serve.
Keywords: recipe goldmine, cream pies, dessert