Banana Cream Pie 4
- 1 (9-inch) pastry shell, unbaked
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2
cups cold milk, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding
and pie filling
- 2 bananas
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Prepare pastry shell according to directions; cool. Set aside.
- With electric mixer, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons milk and mix, scraping sides of bowl, until cream cheese is
creamy and lump-free. Add remaining Milk; mix well. Add vanilla pudding mix and
beat on lowest speed for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice bananas and place in a single layer on the bottom of the cooled
pastry shell. Pour pudding mixture over bananas. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form and pipe or spread onto pie.
- Refrigerate for 1 or more hours; slice and serve.
Servings: 6 to 8
Recipe and photograph used with permission from
the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, inc.