Black Bottom Strawberry Cream Pie
You'll love this rich, fruity dessert with hot fudge between a flaky crust and a creamy filling.
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 2/3 cup hot fudge topping
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pint (2 cups) strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup strawberry pie glaze
- 1/2 cup whipping (heavy) cream, whipped, if desired
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Spread hot fudge topping in bottom of cooled baked shell. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium
speed until smooth. Carefully spread over chocolate layer in shell.
- In medium bowl, gently mix strawberries and pie glaze. Spoon evenly over cream
cheese layer. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Just before serving, pipe or spoon whipped cream around edge of pie.
Store in refrigerator.
40 min prep time | 3 hr 5 min total time | 8 servings
Hot fudge topping is much thicker than chocolate-flavor syrup. Its thickness
helps form the "black bottom" of this layered pie.
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 420 Calories from Fat 160
Total Fat 18g 28% Saturated Fat 9g 45% Trans Fat 0g 0% Cholesterol 35mg 12% Sodium
310mg 13% Total Carbohydrate 60g 20% Dietary Fiber 1g 6% Sugars 42g 42% Protein
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 20% Calcium 4% Iron 4%
Exchanges:2 Starch; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Pillsbury
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cream Pie Recipes