Blue Meringue Pie
Crust and Filling
- 1 (9-inch) baked pie shell
- 1 can blueberry
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 drops blue food
- 2 drops red food color
- Crust and Filling: Heat blueberry pie filling over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour into pie shell.
- When cool, top with Blue Meringue.
- Blue Meringue: Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle cream of tartar over egg whites.
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
beat in the sugar, vanilla extract and red food coloring. Continue beating until
stiff and glossy.
- Spread over pie and brown in oven.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.