Blue Meringue Pie
Crust and Filling
- 1 (9-inch) baked pie shell
- 1 can blueberry pie filling
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 drops blue food color
- 2 drops red food color
- Crust and Filling: Heat blueberry pie filling
over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour into pie shell.
- When cool, top with Blue Meringue.
- Blue Meringue: Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle cream of tartar over egg whites.
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Gradually beat in the sugar, vanilla extract and red food coloring. Continue
beating until stiff and glossy.
- Spread over pie and brown in oven.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.