Caramel Sugar Cream Pie
- 1 (9-inch) baked pie crust
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
cups whipping cream
- 10 caramel candy pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Sift sugar and cornstarch together in a heavy saucepan.
- Gradually stir in cream.
Whisk to blend mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture
- Remove from heat and add caramel candy, butter and vanilla extract. Whisk
mixture until caramels and butter are melted.
- Pour filling into baked pie crust.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes.