- 1 (9-inch) pie shell, unbaked
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2
cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 tablespoon vinegar
- Prepare unbaked pie shell.
- Mix butter and sugar and simmer slowly, stirring,
for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly, stirring constantly.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Add vanilla extract, salt and vinegar;
- Pour filling into pie shell and bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes; reduce
heat to 350 degrees F and bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Shake pie gently. It is done
when center quivers slightly.
Do not try to double recipe. Pie keeps well in the refrigerator overnight.
Can freeze and reheat. Pie may be cut in slivers for finger desserts.