Chocolate Icebox Pie
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 squares baking chocolate
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Scald milk with baking chocolate.
- Mix in sugar, cornstarch, salt, and then
stir in milk and cook in double boiler for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Stir a small amount of the liquid into beaten egg yolks, being careful not
to curdle them, then add the rest of the liquid. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add butter and vanilla extract, then cool.
- Beat well and pour into pastry
shell, top with whipped cream, and chill until quite firm.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 7/29/02 3:21:05 pm.
Source: Restaurant News Food Trends Index - desserttrends.com