Crackling Coconut Cream Pie
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 1 can regular or low fat sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sweetened, flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9-inch) frozen deep dish pie shell, baked and cooled
- 2 to 3 cups whipped cream (optional)
- Additional toasted coconut (optional)
- Mango coulis/sauce (optional)
- Dissolve cornstarch and salt in water; whisk in Eagle Brand, egg yolks and coconut.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour filling into baked pie shell; cool.
- Cover and chill for 3 to 4 hours.
- Spread whipped cream over top of pie and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Serve pie slices on a bed of mango coulis, if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cream Pie Recipes