Mile High Coconut Pie
- 1 (9-inch) baked pie shell
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Filling: Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt and mix well.
- Add egg yolks and stir.
- Add milk. Cook slowly until thick, stirring constantly.
- After pudding is thick, add butter, vanilla extract and coconut.
- Pour into baked pie crust.
- Meringue: Beat egg whites with baking powder until stiff.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar and blend well.
- Cover pie with meringue, making sure to seal the edges.
- Brown at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/19/01 4:42:27 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cream Pie Recipes