Pink Meringue Pie
- 1 (9-inch) baked pie shell
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 drops red food color
- Heat cherry pie filling over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour into pie shell.
- When cool, top with Pink Meringue.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle cream of tartar over egg whites. Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Gradually beat in the sugar, vanilla extract and red food coloring. Continue beating until stiff and glossy.
- Spread over pie and brown in oven.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.