Traditional Coconut Cream Pie
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 baked 9-inch pie crust, cooled
- Whipped topping
- Toasted coconut
- In medium saucepan, stir together sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt;
stir in eggs until mixture is well blended.
- Gradually stir in milk.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with whisk, until mixture
boils; boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter
and vanilla extract.
- Stir in coconut until blended; pour into baked
- Press plastic wrap directly onto surface; refrigerate
6 to 8 hours or until set.
- Just before serving, spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with
- Cover; refrigerate leftover pie.