Brandied Cherry Clafouti
In the summer, you can make this with fresh cherries.
- 3 cups drained black or red cherries (preferably canned in water)
- 1/4 cup brandy or cognac
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- Butter for pan
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch pie pan.
- In nonreactive bowl, mix drained cherries, brandy and 1/3 cup of
the sugar. Let sit for 1 hour.
- Place flour in medium bowl and make a well in the center. Drain
cherries, reserving the liquid. Pour liquid into a blender and add
remaining 1/3 cup sugar, plus the milk, eggs, vanilla extract, allspice,
lemon zest and salt. Blend well.
- Pour liquid mixture into the well
in the flour and blend into a smooth batter.
- Spread cherries evenly in prepared pan.
- Pour batter over fruit.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 350
degrees F and bake 45 to 50 minutes more until clafouti is puffy
and golden. (A sharp knife inserted in the center should come out
- Let cool.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve warm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.