Cherries Jubilee Crisp
- 1 (17 ounce) can pitted Bing cherries, undrained
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur or orange juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup quick or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) cold butter, cut into small pieces
- Lightly whipped cream
- Ground nutmeg, if desired
- Heat oven to 365 degrees F.
- Filling: Combine cherries, liqueur and cornstarch in medium
saucepan until dissolved. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture
has thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Topping: Combine flour, sugar, rolled oats and nutmeg in a small
- Add butter and mix with fingers or fork until crumbly.
- Place filling in a 3- to 4-cup shallow baking dish (or individual baking
- Sprinkle topping over fruit.
- Bake until topping is golden, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
Source: American Dairy Association
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Crisp, Betty, Crumble and Clafouti Recipes