Cherry Almond Crumble
- 1 pound Bing cherries, pitted
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons Amaretto (optional)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats, instant or old-fashioned
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- Butter 4 individual ovenproof dessert dishes or one 9-inch pie plate
and set aside.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the cherries, apples, sugar, Amaretto and flour in a bowl.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the bowls or pour all of it into the pie
- Bake for 20 minutes. Put the individual dishes on a sheet
for easier handling.
- Meanwhile make the topping: Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar,
- Add the butter and cut it in until the mixture is crumbly.
- Mix in the almonds.
- Scatter the topping evenly over the fruit and
bake on the top shelf of the oven for 20 minutes more, until the
fruit is bubbling hot.
- Cool the crumble on a rack for at least 15
minutes before serving.
Posted by Joyce'S at Recipe Goldmine 9/15/2001 7:42 am.