Coconut Topped Cherry Crisp
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Ice cream or whipped cream (optional)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour pie filling into a greased 8-inch square pan.
- Stir in almond extract.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Add butter and blend with pastry blender or fork.
- Stir in coconut and walnuts.
- Sprinkle mixture over pie filling.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until brown on top and filling is bubbly.
- If desired, served with ice cream or whipped topping.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.