Coconut Topped Cherry Crisp
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Ice cream or whipped cream (optional)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour pie filling into a greased 8-inch square pan.
- Stir in almond extract.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Add butter and blend with pastry blender or fork.
- Stir in coconut and walnuts.
- Sprinkle mixture over pie filling.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until brown on top and filling is bubbly.
- If desired, served with ice cream or whipped topping.