- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 large pears, peeled, cored, sliced
- Powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously butter 9-inch-diameter deep-dish
glass pie plate.
- Beat eggs, 1/2 cup sugar and salt in medium bowl to blend.
- dd milk, butter, vanilla and lemon peel and whisk until
- Arrange pears in bottom of prepared plate. Pour custard
- Bake until clafouti is set in center and golden on top,
about 55 minutes.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over and serve.
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark