- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Half-and-Half
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups sliced, pitted Asian plums (6 plums)
- 1/4 cup minced crystallized ginger
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together eggs, yolk, granulated sugar, Half-and-Half and brandy.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Scatter plums and ginger in bottom of 8-inch round pan. Pour on egg mixture.
- Bake until clafouti is puffed and firm, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Cut in half and serve warm.
Yield: 2 servings