All-Purpose Tart Dough (Pate Sucree)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- Place the flour, sugar, salt and butter in the bowl of a food processor
and mix 10 to 15 seconds.
- Add 2 tablespoons water and mix 5 more seconds.
- Wrap in plastic wrap to rest in the refrigerator for 1/2 to 1 hour.
- Roll out to desired thickness and place in tart pan or make free form tarts.
Yield: dough for 1 (8- to 9-inch) tart or 5 individual tarts
Add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon for a great pumpkin pie dough.