Egg Pastry for Quiche Lorraine
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- In medium bowl, mix flour and salt. Using a pastry blender or two
knives, cut in butter and shortening until mixture is crumbly.
- Gradually add egg to flour mixture, stirring until dough is evenly
moistened and begins to cling together. Shape into a flattened ball.
- Roll out on a floured board or pastry cloth to about a 12-inch circle.
Ease pastry into a 9 1/2-inch quiche pan. Trim edge to about a 1/2-inch
overhang, then fold pastry under, even with top of dish.