Food Processor Pastry
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt (less if using salted butter)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup ice water
- Use the steel blade of food processor. Put all ingredients except
ice water into work bowl. Process until mixture has consistency
of coarse meal (5 to 10 seconds).
- With machine running, pour ice water through feed tube in a steady
stream. Stop processing as soon as dough forms ball to ensure tender,
This may be used immediately or frozen for later use.