Crumb crusts are often used with cheesecake pies, such as Bananas Foster Cheese Pie, as well as with cream or chiffon pies.
Prep: 20 min | Bake: 8 to 10 min | Yield: 1 (9 inch) crust
- 2 cups fine gingersnap crumbs (about 36 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- Process cookies in blender or food processor, or place in plastic bag, seal bag and crush with rolling pin or flat side of meat pounder.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cookie crumbs and sugar in medium bowl.
- Drizzle butter over crumbs while stirring and tossing with fork until evenly moistened.
- Press crumb mixture evenly and firmly against bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake in 350 degrees F oven until center is firm to the touch and edge is lightly browned*, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
* If edge of crust starts to get too dark, wrap a band of aluminum foil around the pie plate, crimping lightly around rim to shield edge from the heat.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
American Egg Board