Graham Cracker Crust
Crumb crusts are often used with cream pies, such as French Silk Pie, cheesecake
pies, such as Bananas Foster Cheese Pie, and chiffon pies.
- 1 1/2 cups Grahamcracker crumbs (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup (2/3 stick) butter, room temperature
- Graham cracker crumbs: If using whole Graham
crackers, process in blender or
food processor, or place in plastic bag, seal bag and crush with rolling pin or
flat side of meat pounder.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix Grahamcracker crumbs and sugar in medium bowl.
- Add butter; mix until thoroughly blended.
- Press crumb mixture evenly and firmly against bottom and sides of 9-inch pie
- Bake at 350 degrees F until center is firm to the touch and edge is lightly browned,
8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 10 minutes
Yield: 1 crust (9-inch)
Graham Cracker Nut Crumb Crust Variation: Substitute 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces)
ground almonds, pecans or walnuts for 1/2 cup of the Graham
Chocolate Crumb Crust Variation: Substitute 1 1/2 cups fine chocolate wafer crumbs
for Graham cracker crumbs; omit sugar.
Reprinted with permission from
the American Egg Board.