Hershey's Chocolate Petal Crust
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter or margarine, sugar, egg and vanilla extract until
light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture.
Shape soft dough into two 1 1/2-inch rolls. Wrap in wax paper; chill
- Cut one roll into 1/8-inch slices; arrange, edges touching, on bottom
and sides of greased 9-inch pie pan. (Small spaces in crust will
not affect pie.)
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Freeze leftover dough; use for pie crust or cookies.