Lemon Nut Cookie Crust
- 20 Pepperidge Farm Lemon Nut Cookies (to yield about 1 1/2 cups crumbs)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the cookies in the work bowl of a food processor and process
them until they are finely ground.
- Combine the crumbs, butter, lemon zest, salt and vanilla extract
in a medium-size mixing bowl and stir until the crumbs are moistened.
- Press the mixture evenly across the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate
and all the way up the sides of the pan, packing it tightly with
your fingertips so it is even and compacted.
- Bake the crust until it is golden and crisp, 6 to 8 minutes.
it cool completely before filling it. (The crust may be wrapped
in plastic wrap and frozen for up to 1 month.)
Yield: 1 (9-inch pie crust)