Lemon Nut Cookie Crust
Yield: 1 (9 inch) pie crust
- 20 Pepperidge Farm Lemon Nut Cookies (to yield about 1 1/2 cups crumbs)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the cookies in the work bowl of a food processor and process them until they are finely ground.
- Combine the crumbs, butter, lemon zest, salt and vanilla extract in a medium size mixing bowl and stir until the crumbs are moistened.
- Press the mixture evenly across the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate and all the way up the sides of the pan, packing it tightly with your fingertips so it is even and compacted.
- Bake the crust until it is golden and crisp, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Let it cool completely before filling it. (The crust may be wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen for up to 1 month.)