Apple Cinnamon Roll Pie
Cinnamon Rolls make a unique and tasty crust for this apple pie.
- 5 Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls, thawed
- 7-8 cups apples, peeled,
cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 frosting packet,
included with rolls
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar, if desired
- Place 4 cinnamon rolls, next to each other, in the bottom of a sprayed 9-inch
pie pan and press flat until they cover the bottom and start to go up the sides.
- Unroll the 5th roll and press it flat around the sides of the pan, covering
as much of the sides as possible (this will be a little bit messy).
- Combine apples, sugar and cinnamon well. Pour the apples into the crust.
- Make the topping by combining the butter, flour and brown sugar until crumbly.
Sprinkle over the apples. Sprinkle the coarse sugar over the top of the crumble,
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Cover with foil and bake another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly and drizzle with frosting.
Prep Time: 30-45 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 50 min Servings:
Reprinted with permission from
Rhodes International - rhodesbread.com.