- Pastry for a 9-inch double-crust pie
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 cups whole cranberries
- 4 cups peeled, cored, and thinly sliced tart apples
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare the pie pastry.
- Line the pie pan with the bottom crust, using half of the dough. Keep the remaining dough chilled.
- Combine the sugars, flour, allspice and orange zest.
- Add the apples and cranberries. Mix well.
- Turn the filling into the crust and dot the butter. Roll out the top crust and lay it on the filling. Trim off any excess dough, crimp the edges, and prick with the tines of a fork to vent.
- Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.