- Pastry for a 9-inch double-crust pie
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon grated
- 2 cups whole cranberries
- 4 cups peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare the pie pastry.
- Line the pie pan with the bottom crust, using half of
the dough. Keep the remaining dough chilled.
- Combine the sugars, flour, allspice and orange zest.
- Add the apples and cranberries.
- Turn the filling into the crust and dot the butter. Roll out the top crust
and lay it on the filling. Trim off any excess dough, crimp the edges, and prick
with the tines of a fork to vent.
- Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Pie Recipes