Apple Cream Pie
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups Graham
(14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon
1 (16 ounce) can apple pie filling*
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the melted butter or margarine and Graham
cracker crumbs in a 1-quart
baking dish. Evenly press the mixture over bottom of dish.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, blend together the sweetened condensed milk, sour
cream, and lemon juice. Spoon, then spread the mixture evenly over the top of the
cracker crumb layer.
- Spoon the apple pie filling over the top of the cream layer and bake for 25 to
30 minutes or until set. Cool slightly.
- Mix together the walnuts, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in small bowl. Sprinkle
the flavored nuts over the top of the pie.
- Serve warm or cold.
* You may prepare your apple pie filling from scratch. Simply select 3 or 4 firm,
crisp, tart apples. Wash, peel and core the apples. Toss the fruit into a saucepan
as you slice the apples, making sure to add a 1/2 tablespoon sprinkling of lemon
juice as you go, to keep the fruit from browning. Add 1 cup granulated sugar, 3
tablespoons cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, a pinch of salt and a dash of nutmeg
to the fruit. Pour on 1 1/2 cups water and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring
frequently. Reduce the heat and simmer until thickened, and you have apple pie filling
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 7/12/01 5:00:20 am.