Apple Pie in a Glass
- 4 cups Granny Smith apples, peeled, sliced
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup Graham
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the apples, apple juice, brown sugar, cinnamon,
nutmeg, and allspice. Place over medium heat and cook for 20 minutes until the apples are tender and the mixture is
slightly thickened, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and mascarpone cheese.
- To assemble, using 4 parfait glasses, spoon 3 tablespoons of the apple mixture
into the bottom of each glass. Place 2 tablespoons of the Graham cracker crumbs
on top of the apples and top with a scoop of ice cream. Continue to layer as needed.
- Serve immediately.
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine May 24, 2001.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.