Apple Pie in a Glass
- 4 cups Granny Smith apples, peeled, sliced
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the apples, apple juice, brown sugar, cinnamon,
nutmeg, and allspice. Place over medium heat and cook for 20 minutes until the apples
are tender and the mixture is slightly thickened, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and mascarpone cheese.
- To assemble, using 4 parfait glasses, spoon 3 tablespoons of the apple mixture
into the bottom of each glass. Place 2 tablespoons of the Graham
on top of the apples and top with a scoop of ice cream. Continue to layer as needed.
- Serve immediately.
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine May 24, 2001.