Apple Pie a la Zing
- 4 cups pared, sliced apples
- 3/4 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Pastry for a 9-inch two crust pie
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients, except pastry, in a medium mixing bowl; mix well.
Pour into a pastry-lined pie plate. Cover with top crust. Seal edges and cut
several slits in top crust.
- Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cover edges with foil if they begin
to brown too quickly.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
Recipe and photo credit:
Ocean Spray Cranberries. Used with permission.