- Pastry for a 9-inch pie
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 6 cups thinly sliced Granny Smith apples
- 2 tablespoons butter, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare pastry for a 9-inch pie.
- Stir together sugar, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and apples. Put into
pastry-lined pie tin. Dot with butter. Cover with top crust that has slits cut in, then seal and flute.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until crust is brown and juice bubbles up
through the slits in the crust.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.