Apple Puff Pies
- 1 (17 ounce) package frozen puff pastry
- 2 medium size sweet apples
cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon
freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Thaw frozen puff pastry according to package directions.
- Meanwhile peel, core and coarsely chop apples to measure 2 cups.
- In bowl toss apples with sugar, flour, lemon peel and juice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- On lightly floured board cut each pastry sheet into nine 3-inch squares. In center
of each square place about 1/4 cup apple mixture, brush edges of square with beaten
egg. Top each filled pastry with second square. Press edges with tines of fork.
Using a sharp knife make 1-inch L-shape in center of each square, fold back pastry
flaps. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes
until golden brown.
Please SHOP HERE to support this site. We are an Amazon affiliate as a means of paying for the high cost of maintaining Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.