Apple Puff Pies
- 1 (17 ounce) package frozen puff pastry
- 2 medium size sweet apples
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Thaw frozen puff pastry according to package directions.
- Meanwhile peel, core and coarsely chop apples to measure 2 cups.
- In bowl toss apples with sugar, flour, lemon peel and juice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- On lightly floured board cut each pastry sheet into nine 3-inch squares. In center
of each square place about 1/4 cup apple mixture, brush edges of square with beaten
egg. Top each filled pastry with second square. Press edges with tines of fork.
Using a sharp knife make 1-inch L-shape in center of each square, fold back pastry
flaps. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.