Apple-Scotch Mac Pie
Bring the flavor of caramel apples into your kitchen! NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch
Morsels, crisp apples and macadamia nuts turn a simple pie crust into a caramel
delight! Created by Louise Piper, Rolfe, Iowa.
- 4 large eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups peeled and
coarsely shredded tart apple
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup coarsely
chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 2/3 cups (11-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (2-cup volume) pie shell
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine eggs, corn syrup, apple, butter, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon
in large bowl; mix well.
- Stir in nuts and morsels.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Cooling Time:120 minutes
Reprinted with permission from
Nestle and meals.com.