Banana Caramel Pie
- 1 (9-inch) baked pastry shell
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk, caramelized
- 3 medium or 2 large bananas
- 3 small Heath candy bars, frozen
- Cool Whip
- Use one of the three methods below to caramelize the sweetened condensed milk:
Oven Method: Pour sweetened condensed milk into 9-inch pie plate. Cover with
aluminum foil; place in larger shallow pan. Fill larger pan with hot water. Bake
at 425 degrees F for 1 hour or until thick and caramel-colored. Beat until smooth.
Stovetop Method: Pour sweetened condensed milk into top of double boiler; place
over boiling water. Simmer over low heat for 1 to 1/2 hours or until thick and caramel-colored,
stirring occasionally. Beat until smooth.
Microwave Method: Pour sweetened condensed milk into a 2-quart glass measuring
cup. Cook on 50% power (medium) 4 minutes, stirring briskly every 2 minutes until
smooth. Cook on 30% power (medium-low) 20 to 25 minutes or until very thick and
caramel-colored, stirring briskly every 4 minutes during the first 16 minutes and
every 2 minutes during the last 4 to 10 minutes.
The milk will have become very thick and brown and will taste like caramel. Let the milk cool down.
- Line bottom of pie shell with sliced bananas.
- Spoon sweetened condensed milk
over the bananas. You may spread another layer of bananas over the caramelized milk.
- Top with Cool Whip.
- Crush candy bars into very small pieces and sprinkle over the top of the pie.
- Chill well before serving.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.