Banana Caramel Pie
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (8- or 9-inch) pastry shell, baked and cooled
- 4 ripe bananas
- Mix sugar, flour and salt in saucepan.
- Stir in cold water and egg yolks; beat until smooth.
- Gradually stir in boiling water, then cook, stirring constantly,
about 3 minutes, until smoothly thickened.
- Stir in butter, vanilla extract and evaporated milk. Cool slightly, then pour
into baked pie shell.
- Shortly before serving slice bananas and arrange over filling.
- Top with whipped cream or with meringue made from the two egg whites.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.