Banana Caramel Pie 3
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
cup cold water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon butter
teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (8- or 9-inch) pastry shell,
baked and cooled
- 4 ripe bananas
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mix sugar, flour and salt in saucepan.
- Stir in cold water and egg yolks; beat
- Gradually stir in boiling water, then cook, stirring constantly,
about 3 minutes, until smoothly thickened.
- Stir in butter, vanilla extract and evaporated milk. Cool slightly, then pour
into baked pie shell.
- Shortly before serving slice bananas and arrange over filling.
- Top with whipped
cream or with meringue made from the two egg whites.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Pie Recipes