Blueberry Pie (WW Points)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 8 tablespoons reduced-calorie butter, stick, chilled and cut up
- 8 tablespoons fat-free butter, tub, chilled
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 5 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cups cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 teaspoon of sugar, salt and both butters.
Mix with a fork (or both hands) until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 4 tablespoons
of water and mix until dough can be formed into a ball, adding more water if necessary.
Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and divide into two equal portions.
Roll each portion into a 12-inch round. Press one round into the bottom and up the
sides of a 9-inch pie plate, allowing dough to hang over sides; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine blueberries, 1/3 cup of sugar, cornstarch, zest and
vanilla extract. Toss to combine. Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Place second pie
crust on top of blueberries and pinch two crusts together to form a seal. Using
two fingers, pinch around edges to form a decorative rim.
- Whisk together egg white and 1 tablespoon water. Brush mixture over surface of pie.
- Sprinkle with remaining teaspoon sugar.
- Prick top crust all over with a fork
or sharp knife to allow steam to escape during cooking.
- Transfer pie to a baking sheet.
- Bake until crust is golden and filling is bubbling
out of holes, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool on a rack, about 10 minutes, before
slicing into 10 pieces.
Serves 10/Points per serving 5
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 7/5/01 5:04:41 am.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.