Brown Bag Apple Pie
- 6 to 8 apples peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg or mace
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (to drip over apples)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup butter
- Apple Mixture: The night before baking, combine apples and lemon juice. Mix in
the rum, then cover with water. Add cinnamon, ground cloves, nutmeg or mace, allspice, raisins and nuts.
- Second Mixture: The next day, prepare an unbaked 9- or 10-inch pie shell.
- Mix the Second Mixture with the drained apple mixture in a bowl and then pour into pie shell.
- Topping: In a bowl cut with a pastry blender or two knives until pea sized. Pour
over the top of the apples.
- Put pie on cookie sheet and put in brown shopping bag. Staple shut.
- Bake in a 425 degrees F oven for 1 hour.
- Let cool and then serve warm for best effect.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.