Candy Apple Pie
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 5 Granny Smith apples (remove peel and core and slice very thin)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Cream Cheese Topping
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Crust: Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and melted butter.
Mix well and press into a 10-inch pie plate, and up the sides.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes until golden in color.
- Remove pie shell from oven and cool completely.
- Pour caramel into pie shell and sprinkle with 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate pie shell while making apple filling.
- Apple Filling: In a large (12-inch) skillet over medium heat, melt butter and
add brown sugar, salt and cinnamon. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add apples and stir. Cook over medium to medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes until apples are softened
- Let cool for 10 minutes and pour into pie shell.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream Cheese Topping: In a medium bowl, using a hand held mixer on low speed,
combine cream cheese and sugar for about 1 minute until smooth.
- Add egg, lemon juice and vanilla extract and beat from 1 more minute until bully blended. Pour over apple filling
in pie shell.
- Bake for 30 minutes until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Remove pie from oven and let cool.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Let stand outside the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
- Topping: Top with whipped cream, caramel and pecans and swirl with a knife.
- Slice and serve.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 29, 2001.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.