Candy Apple Walnut Pie
- 6 cups thinly sliced cooking apples, with or without peel
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup cinnamon red hot candies
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 deep-dish pie crusts
- In a large bowl, toss together apples, walnuts, cinnamon candies, 1/3 cup sugar
and flour. Pour into one pie crust.
- Break or crumble second crust into very small pieces; toss with remaining 2 tablespoons
sugar. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven on a preheated baking sheet for 55 to 60 minutes or
until candies melt and bubble up through the crumbled crust.
- Cool completely before serving.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.