Caramel Apple Pie
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Crust: In a medium size bowl, combine the crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and melted
butter. Mix well and press into a 10-inch pie plate, going up the sides.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes until golden in color.
- Remove pie shell from oven and cool completely.
- Pour caramel topping into pie shell and sprinkle with 1 cup of chopped pecans.
Refrigerate pie shell while making apple filling.
- Apple Filling: Melt butter in a large 12-inch skillet over medium heat; add brown
sugar, salt and cinnamon. Stir with wooden spoon. Add apples and stir. Cook over
medium to medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes until apples are softened and tender.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and pour into pie shell. Reduce oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cheese Filling: Combine cream cheese and sugar for about 1 minute until smooth.
Add egg, lemon juice and vanilla extract and beat 1 minute or until fully blended.
Pour over apple filling in pie shell. Bake 30 minutes or until an inserted knife
comes out clean. Remove pie from oven and let cool. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Let stand outside the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
- Topping: Top with cream whipped with sugar and add caramel and pecans; swirl
with a knife.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.