Caramel Apple Pie
- 1/2 package Kraft caramels (about 24)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 Graham cracker pie crust
- 1/3 cup nuts, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup chunky applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping; thawed
- Fresh apple slices
- Melt caramels with milk in small microwaveable bowl at HIGH for one minute to
90 seconds. Stir mixture until smooth.
- Pour into the crust. Sprinkle with nuts. Set aside to cool.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in applesauce, vanilla extract
and cinnamon. Fold in half the whipped topping. Spread mixture over caramel layer in crust.
- Chill at least four hours.
- Garnish with remaining whipped topping, apple slices and melted caramels if desired.
- Store any leftover pie in refrigerator.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.