Caramel Apple Pie
- Pastry for double crust 9-inch pie
- 3/4 cup firmly packed, C&H Pure Cane Golden Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line 9-inch pie pan with half of pastry.
- In large bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, and salt. Add apples and toss to coat
evenly. Spoon apple mixture into pastry-lined pie pan. Dot with butter.
- Top with remaining pastry. Trim and flute edges. Cut slits in top crust to allow steam to
- To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove foil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until apples are tender and top is golden brown.
- Remove pie from oven; immediately drizzle with caramel ice cream topping.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Serve warm.
Serving size: 8
Recipe and photo credit:
C&H Cane Sugar.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.