Caramel Apple Pie
Dress up a traditional apple pie with pecans and caramel sauce. It's all made
easy with refrigerated pie crust!
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 cups sliced peeled cooking apples (6 medium)
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans in bottom of crust-lined pan.
- In large bowl, mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gently stir in lemon
juice and apples. Spoon into crust-lined pan.
- Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits or shapes in several
places in top crust. If desired, brush crust with water; sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.
After 15 to 20 minutes of baking time, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Cool for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve warm pie with ice cream.
- Drizzle with caramel topping; sprinkle with chopped pecans.
prep time 20 min | total time 2 hr 5 min | servings 8
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Pillsbury
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.