Caramel Apple Pie 4
Dress up a traditional apple pie with pecans and caramel sauce. It's all made
easy with refrigerated pie crust!
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened
as directed on box
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- 6 cups sliced peeled cooking apples (6 medium)
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup chopped
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans in bottom of crust-lined pan.
- In large bowl, mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gently stir in lemon
juice and apples. Spoon into crust-lined pan.
- Top with second crust; seal edge
and flute. Cut slits or shapes in several places in top crust. If desired, brush
crust with water; sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.
After 15 to 20 minutes of baking time, cover crust edge with strips of foil
to prevent excessive browning.
- Cool for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve warm pie with ice cream.
- Drizzle with caramel topping; sprinkle with
prep time 20 min
total time 2 hr 5 min
Reprinted with permission of Pillsbury.